Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Blog about Twitter

How does a Twitter discussion compare to a Blackboard Discussion? To an in-class discussion? I think that a Twitter discussion is very different from a Blackboard Discussion. On Twitter you create a thread that any of your followers can respond to. It is a more open discussion. The people that respond to your tweets don't have to be classmates they can be anyone who is on Twitter. On Blackboard it is only your classmates and teachers that can respond to your posts. The access to your posts are limited to that group of people. The posts on Twitter are very short and only several characters long. On Blackboard you can post a thread that is as long as you want. In class discussions are more formal and pertains to what you are doing in class. On Twitter you can tweet about anything that interests you. On Blackboard or an in class discussion you are limited to the subject matter of the syllabus. I am new to Twitter but I find that I like it. I feel free to express myself. I wish it allowed more characters in it though!

No comments:

Post a Comment